If you prefer a dry rub for your ribs, with a sweet and spicy kick, this rub is for you!
- 2 tsp granulated onion (or onion powder)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- 2 TBS chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 lbs. pork spareribs
- Preheat grill for low heat
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Blend with a fork.
- Rub spice mixture on the spareribs and refrigerate for 10-15 min.
- Lightly oil grill grate and arrange ribs on grate. Allow ribs to slow roast, preferably, for maximum tenderness.
We like to put these in the smoker for a couple of hours, but if you don't have one, you can also slow roast these in the oven for 2-3 hours at 200 degrees to have them fall apart tender!