1 granny smith or Winesap apple, peeled and thinly sliced
1 golden delicious or Fuji apple, peeled and thinly sliced
3 TBS granulated sugar
3 TBS dried cranberries
2 TBS all purpose flour
1 TBS grated lemon zest
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
6 (9x14) sheets frozen phyllo, thawed
6 TBS confectioners sugar
2 tsp apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray
- To prepare the filling, combine the apples, granulated sugar, cranberries, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Keep the thawed phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a work space; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Repeat, layering the remaining 5 sheets and spraying each one lightly with nonstick spray. Spoon the filling in a 3-inch wide band evenly across the long side of the phyllo near you, leaving a 2-inch border on each short side. Fold the short sides over the filling and gently roll up to enclose the filling.
- Place the strudel, seam side down, on the baking sheet. Lightly spray with nonstick spray and with a sharp knife lightly score the top of the strudel diagonally to indicate 4 portions, being careful not to cut all the way through. Bake the strudel until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, combine the confectioners sugar and cider in a small bowl; beat with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the strudel; slice and serve warm!
serves 4 - 4 points per serving.
** Note! To thaw phyllo dough quickly, cut one end of the wrapper. Microwave on Defrost for 1 minute. Cover the open end and let stand for 30 minutes.