- 6 large tomatoes, sliced to a 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 c. olive or canola oil
- 3/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. fresh minced parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt (kosher is wonderful for this!)
- 1 TBS fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Place the sliced tomatoes and onions in a shallow bowl. 11x13 works well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and ground pepper. Mix well.
- Pour over tomato. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours - overnight is best if you have the time.