- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. backing soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mix sugars with eggs, butter, vegetable oil and vanilla. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Mix flour and sugar mixture together. Mix well. Refrigerate dough until firm.
- Form by TBS into balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass cup that has been buttered and dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. DO NOT OVER BAKE - cookies should look almost done when you take them out of the oven.