- 1 (8 lb.) bone-in shank ham
- 4 c. water, or as needed
- 1/2 c. honey **
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 TBS liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Place ham in a roasting pan. Pour in water to a 2 inch depth. Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Bake for 6 to 8 hours in the preheated oven (all day or all night). Remove from the oven, pour off drippings and reserve. Debone ham, removing any excess fat as well, and return to the roasting pan.
- Skim fat from the top of the drippings, and discard. In a small bowl, mix one cup of the drippings with honey, brown sugar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce and cloves. Pour this over the ham, cover and return to the oven. Remaining drippings may be discarded or reserved for other uses.
- Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.