The balsamic and Dijon mustard create a wonderful and distinct flavor for some every day vegetables.
- 1 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Arrange potatoes in a steamer basket** over boiling water; cover and steam for 20 minutes or until tender. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Arrange beans in a steamer basket ** over boiling water; cover and steam for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender
- Add the beans to the potatoes; add the onion and basil.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and the minced garlic. Mix vigorously with a wire whisk.
- Pour Vinaigrette over potato mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.