1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs will work) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 TBS olive oil
12 oz. rotini or baby penne**
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli
(2) 4 oz. cans of sliced mushrooms, drained
2 tsp lemon pepper
4 tsp dried basil
2 1/2 cups of milk
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed**
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, chicken, garlic, broccoli, mushrooms, and 1 tsp of the dried basil. Cook until the juices run clear.
- In a sauce pan, add milk, lemon pepper, remaining basil, cubed cream cheese and paremesan cheese. Stir frequently until the ingredients are well incorporated. Sauce should be slightly thick.
- Add sauce to chicken mixture. Add pasta and toss. Serve immediately.
**Barilla makes an awesome baby Penne
**I use Kraft light cream cheese to cut back on the fat and calories, but you can use regular if you want!