Sunday, February 04, 2007

White Bean & Ground Turkey Chili

I am not a fan of chili with beans, usually. Probably because I detest kidney beans. I made this for Super Bowl Sunday, so my family could graze all day. It was gone in a matter of minutes! I will be doubling this next time. We really enjoyed this healthier chili.

2 lb. ground turkey
1 lg. onion, finely chopped
3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
3 cans of vegetable broth (I used Swanson's)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
30 oz. canned white beans, drained and rinsed
3 TBS fresh lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped

Directions:

Cook the turkey, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, for about 10 minutes or until done. Drain off any fat

Add turkey and remaining ingredients to a large pot or slow cooker. If cooking on the stove, bring to a rolling boil; lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. In a slow cooker, cook on low for 4 hours.

1 cup per serving.

No comments: