Friday, October 12, 2007

Marinated Garden Tomatoes

I am not a big fan of raw tomatoes. I cook with them all the time, but 'fresh' tomatoes usually do nothing for me. Except this recipe!!! I could eat these tomatoes 3-4 times a week and never get tired of them. I know that tomatoes are going out of season for much of the US, but I had to post this anyway.

Ingredients:
  • 6 large tomatoes, cut into slices or wedges
  • 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions
  • 1/3 c. olive or canola oil
  • 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 TBS fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper

Directions:

  1. Place tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving bowl.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix well.
  3. Pour over tomatoes.
  4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight

serves 10

No comments: