Monday, March 10, 2008

Lamb Stew

Wow, it has been too long since I've posted!! I've been super busy, but I'll get back on track here. :o)

St. Patrick's Day is only a week away. I know, I know, where does the time go? My son is anxiously antipating my traditional corn beef and cabbage. He's cabbage fiend! And while I plan to make that tasty dish, along with some good Irish Soda Bread, I also like other traditional Irish fair - such as this yummy Lamb Stew. I don't actually tell my kids it's lamb stew, but they love it!

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 3/4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
  • 3 large leeks, white part only, halved, washed and thinly sliced
  • 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped

Directions:

  1. Combine lamb, potatoes, carrots, celery, leeks, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours. Stir in parsley before serving.

No comments: