- 4 TBS butter at room temperature
- 1 TSP oregano
- 1 TSP cumin
- 1/2 TSP salt (I use sea salt)
- fresh black pepper
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees**
- In a small bowl, combine 2 TBS of butter with the oregano, cumin, half the salt and 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Rub the mixture on the skins of the hens.** Arrange hens skin side up on a baking sheet. Roast on the upper rack of oven until golden, approximately 20 minutes.
- While hens are roasting, combine the remaining butter, salt, scallions, and 1/8 TSP black pepper. When the hens are roasted, coat with the scallion butter. Serve with lime wedges.
**I have a rotisserie grill that works beautifully for this. If you have one, it is the preferred method over baking in the oven.
**I found that if you rub the butter mixture under the skin of the hen's, it really increases the flavor. I then baste the other butter mixture on the hens while they're cooking to make sure the skin gets that golden crispness. This works particularly well with the rotisserie grill!