Monday, April 13, 2009

Beef Pepperoncini Sandwiches

With a busy family, many times we have to eat meals on the hurry. My crockpot is my best friend when it comes meals on the hurry. One tip I can pass along is to buy the crockpot lining bags. They make cleaning up the crockpot very easy and are worth every penny, particularly on those nights when you don't have time for lot of clean up!

So my husband is a big fan of pepperoncini's. When we go to a sandwich shop for lunch, he expects his sandwich coated in them. When I came across this recipe, I knew he would love it. I cut back a little for my own tastes, but my kids are following in their father's foot steps, and they love these things. At least for now, lol...

Ingredients
  • 1 (3 lb.) beef chuck roast
  • 4 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 (16 oz) jar pepperoncini
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 c. warm water
  • 1 tsp beef bullion (paste or granules)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • French rolls

Directions

  1. Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts.
  2. Dissolve the beef bullion in the warm water.
  3. Place roast in the slow cooker. Add the beef bullion, bay leaf, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.
  4. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
  5. Shred the beef and serve on French rolls

For an added zip, mix up a dressing of horseradish sauce and sour cream, and top the sandwich with provolone cheese...mmmh, yummy

No comments: