Summer is all but here and this is a yummy alternative to the typical potato salad.
- 3 lbs. red potatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c finely minced fresh basil
- 1/4 c toasted pine nuts
- Place potatoes in a large microwave safe bowl; cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Use oven mitts to carefully remove the potatoes from the microwave. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half or quarters and spray liberally with olive oil spray. Grill over high heat for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally until grill lines appear.
- Remove from grill and let cool. Cut into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss lightly to coat. Season with pepper, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss with Parmesan cheese and basil, then sprinkle with pine nuts.