Thursday, July 02, 2009

Balsamic Glazed Salmon

I love fish. My kids love fish. My husband...hates fish. One out of seven is not bad odds! Out of all fish, salmon is my favorite! One of my favorite restaurants has a blackened salmon with a strawberry vinaigrette salad. Such a wonderful combination!!!

This recipe reminds me of that. The flavor is wonderful and I could easily eat this for days. My kids feel the same way, lol, so it's almost a family favorite! Serve this with grilled asparagus and rice pilaf for really yummy, light summer dinner. I also grill these in foil packets on the bbq to keep from heating the house up in the summer!

Ingredients:
  • 6 (5 oz.) salmon fillets
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 TBS white wine
  • 1 TBS honey
  • 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
  • 4 tsp Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
    Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with oregano.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze, and season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the foil.

No comments: