Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No Mayo Ranch

I'm a huge ranch dressing fan. HUGE! I like to eat it on baked potatoes, french fries, veggies, my hamburgers, and of course, salad. I even conveniently 'forget' it's made from mayo (which I used to love but after the birth of my fourth child, could no longer stomach if I smelled it, go figure) to enjoy it. Except recently, I came to the horrifying realization that there are MEGA calories in my favorite dressing. So I had all but cut it out....until! This dressing.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup low-fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper

Directions

  1. Place sour cream and buttermilk into a mixing bowl. Season with parsley, chives, garlic powder, dill, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. You can whip this again before serving for a thicker texture.

No comments: