Ahem. I am ashamed to admit I have not posted since October. How did that happen?!?! But I'm back, and with an amazingly awesome appetizer! My kids (yes, the picky ones!) could not get enough of these!! I already plan to go back to the market tomorrow for more jalapenos. Enjoy!!
- 2 slices bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. minced green onions
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- cooking spray
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, green onions, lime juice, kosher salt and garlic in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Divide cheese evenly and fill the pepper halves.
- Place peppers, cheese side up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill peppers for 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Place the peppers on a serving platter
- Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.