Saturday, September 23, 2006

Garlic Butter

I used to just buy frozen garlic bread. It was, perhaps, a tad on the pricey side, but it was good. Well, I made my grandmother's homemade spaghetti sauce recipe recently, and I NEEDED garlic bread. Since I did not have time to run to the store, I decided to just make some. How hard could it be? My first attempt, was bland. DH said to not be so cheap next time and just buy some. But I wasn't convinced. Surely it couldn't be THAT hard. After some more tweaking, I cam up with the following recipe, and it is DIVINE, if I do say so myself :o)


1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh, not in a can)
3-4 cloves of minced garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika

DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, combine softened butter, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika. Mix until smooth.

No comments: