Saturday, September 23, 2006

Oatmeal Delights

These are a childhood favorite that my grandmother used to make me. I recently found the recipe, written in the back of one of her cookbooks that I inherited when she passed away. This is one of the best surprises I could have found...after I made it, I found I did need a 9x13 pan (not specified originally) and it need to cook for about 20-25 minutes in my over, so I updated that today.

Ingredients:

  • 1 stick of margarine or butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 TSP vanilla extract (or orange extract)
  • 3/4 TSP all spice
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 TSP baking soda
  • 1/8 TSP salt
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Cream the margarine and sugar together. Add the egg, vanilla, and all spice. Mix after each addition. 
  2. Add flour and mix well. Add oatmeal then nuts and chocolate chips. 
  3. Pour into 9x13 pan (sprayed with cooking spray first). 
  4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Check to see if it's done. 
  5. Let cool. Cut into bars.

No comments: