Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lemon Loaf

Despite the fact that I am working dilligently on loosing weight, I still enjoy a cup of coffee and a sweet treat on occasion in the morning. I've found I do much better treating myself on occasion, than I do with depriving myself. This is a yummy recipe I found that tastes almost identical to Starbucks Lemon Loaf!


  • 1 1/2 c. flour **
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 2 TBS butter (no substitutes)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
  • 1/3 c. lemon juice
  • 1/2 c. canola oil


Lemon Icing:

  • 1 cup plus 
  • 1 TBS powdered sugar
  • 2 TBS milk
  • 1 tsp lemon extract


Instructions:

  1. preheat oven to 350
  2. combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
  3. in a medium mixing bowl, blend eggs, sugar, extracts, butter, and lemon juice.
  4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Blend well. Add canola oil. Blend until smooth.
  5. Pour ingredients into a greased loaf pan (9x5 is what I use) Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  6. While the loaf is baking, mix the ingredients for the icing. Use an electric mixer to blend until smooth. After the lemon loaf has cooled, remove it from the pan and top with the icing. After the icing has set up, slice and enjoy!

No comments: