Sunday, July 01, 2007

Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes

My biggest challenging with eating better is vegetables. I am simply not a fan of them. I have a few that I like (and the odd ones at that) but for the most part, if I never eat another veggie, I would be fine with that. That, of course, will not help my weight go down. So I'm looking for meals that actually taste good, veggies and all.

Which is why this recipe is fantastic!! I wasn't sure, but I decided to try it. Delicious. Not only did I enjoy it, but the kids AND the DH gave it a thumbs up. How often does that happen?

8 plum tomatoes
3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. tightly backed fresh basil - no substitutions
2 TBS olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 TSP salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions:

1. Cut four tomatoes into quarters and place in a food processor. Add vinegar, basil, oil, garlic and salt; cover and process until blended.

2. Pour 1/2 c. dressing into a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Pour remaining dressing into a large Ziploc bag; add chicken. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour.

3. Prepare grill rack. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut remaining tomatoes in half; grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve with chicken and reserved dressing.

No comments: