- 1/2 c lime juice
- 4 TBS minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned***
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced and halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 c low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 c salsa (the fresh kind, not the jar type)
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the lime juice, cilantro, garlic and chili powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the peppers and onion in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside. Add beef with marinade to the skillet; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender and mixture comes to a boil. Add pepper mixture; heat through.
- Divide the salad greens and tomato among 8 bowl; top with 1 1/4 cups beef mixture, 1 TBS sour cream and 1 1/2 tsp salsa.
*** I cheat when it comes to bell peppers. My local market carries a bag of mixed peppers (red, yellow, orange and green) in the frozen section, already julienned. Not only is this a huge time saver for me, but it's actually cost effective. I used only half a bag of peppers for this dinner. I added it in straight from the freezer!