- 1/2 c chopped sweet onion (I used sweet vidalia)
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 1/4 c chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- boneless pork chops - enough to feed your family (6 chops is about right for this, or you will need to double the marinade)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 TBS minced fresh cilantro
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 TBS jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a small bow, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 c. marinade into a large Ziploc bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 45 minutes to 2 hours. Reserve 1/3 cup of remaining marinade. Place the rest of the marinade in a large bowl and add the avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jelly and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Prepare your grill. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture. Serve with avocado salsa. Yields 6 servings.