Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Green Bean Bundles

OK. I am not a vegetable lover. I know, I know, they're good for me, they're good for my waist line, blah blah. Green beans, in particular, are my arch nemesis. That being said, if I really like these!! Of course, they're fried...oops, so not terribly healthy. But a fried green bean has got to be better than no green beans, right? Come on, work with me here....these are from the fabulous Paula Deen!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound fresh green beans
  • 1 bunch green onions, cut into strips
  • 2 tablespoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup buttermilk Oil, for frying

House Seasoning:

  • 1 cup salt
  • 1/4 cup black pepper
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder

Directions:

  1. Bundle about 5 green beans by tying in the center with a green onion strip. Combine house seasoning and flour. Dip green beans in buttermilk and roll into flour mixture.
  2. In a deep frying pan or Dutch oven, fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

**House Seasoning - Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments: