- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 c canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix sugars with eggs, butter, vanilla and oil. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Blend well, and gradually mix into sugar mix. Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough until firm.
- Form by the TBS into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a glass that has been buttered and dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE - cookies should look almost done when you take them out of the oven.