Monday, July 14, 2008

Dark Chocolate Mousse

I just did a solid 45 minute work out on my Wii Fit board (Wii fun!!!) and I'm craving something chocolaty and sweet. While I'm not going to indulge and my water is sitting here in front of me, I thought I would post something decadent and rich - something I might make as a treat after I hit my next weight loss target goal!!

Ingredients:

  • 15oz. semi sweet chocolate
  • 9 oz. unsalted butter
  • 7 egg yolks
  • 11 egg whites
  • 2- ½ oz. granulated sugar
  • 8 oz. heavy cream


Directions:
  1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat. Stir until no lumps remain.
  2. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, the whisk in the egg yolks one at a time.
  3. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
  4. Whip the cream to soft peaks. Allow the mousse to cool, then fold in the whipped cream. Make sure no streaks of egg white or cram remain.
  5. Spoon the mousse into chocolate bowls or crepe shells from a pastry bag.

No comments: