Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Butter Cream Frosting

I know, I've been slacking in posting. Sorry, you'd think with my kids being in school, I'd have more time...but I don't!!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 egg yolk, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk

DIRECTIONS

  1. Cream butter until soft. Add salt and part of sugar gradually, blending after each addition. Then add egg yolks and vanilla; blend well. Add remaining sugar, alternately with milk, until of right consistency to spread, beating after each addition until smooth. Makes 2 1/2 cups or enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 8 or 9 inch layers.
    Note: If the frosting is too thin, first whip it for an additional 1-2 minutes. If you still think it's thin, add a little more confectioners sugar. Too thick? Add milk until you get the consistency you want.

No comments: