Sunday, November 23, 2008

Herb Bread

Thanksgiving is coming up this week. For me, that means 3-4 loaves of home made bread so that I can make homemade stuffing!! I know it's more work, but with a bread machine to save time, I think it's really worth it. Thanksgiving should be a feast! I usually make 3 loaves of his herb bread and one or two loaves of regular bread for my stuffing. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup warm milk (70-80 degrees)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 TBS butter, softened
  • 1/4 c. dried minced onion
  • 2TBS sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 TBS dried parsley flakes
  • 3 1/2 c. bread flour
  • 2 tsp. active dry yeast

Directions:

  1. In a bread machine pan, place wet ingredients in the bottom, then dry ingredients, leaving yeast for last (if you're new to bread machines, you'll need to make a well of your dry ingredients and place the yeast in the well).
  2. Select basic bread setting. Choose a crust color and loaf size if available.
  3. Bake according to bread machine directions - check your dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 TBS water or flour if needed.

No comments: