Everyone has a favorite recipe. Mine comes from my friend Miranda. She's not the original creator, but I'm giving her credit!! This is creamy and cheesy and really yummy, a definite family pleaser (even for my kids, who don't usually enjoy onions!)
- 14 oz. elbow macaroni (or mini penne)
- 2 cans (11.5 oz.) cheddar cheese soup
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups milk
- 1 6 oz. can of French Fried Onions (the cheddar ones are extra yummy!)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use cooking spray to grease the bottom of 2 qt (8x8x2) casserole dish (it will stick if you don't). Mix the milk, cheddar cheese soup, and 2.5 cups of cheddar cheese. Then add the pasta and add to your prepared dish. This can be made up to 24 hours in advance, just refrigerate until ready to cook. If refrigerated first, mix before putting into oven.
- Bake covered for one hour. Then remove cover, add French Fried Onions, and the remaining cheese on top and cook for another 20 minutes uncovered. Makes 4 to 6 servings.