We ate this Easter morning, before heading out for church. Since I knew it was going to be awhile before we at our dinner in the early afternoon, I wanted something filling and tastey. My family loved this and it was more than enough to feed all 7 of us.
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 2 cartons of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 frozen pie crusts, thawed and ready to bake
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 TBS melted butter
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pie shells in the preheated oven until edge of crust is golden, about 10 minutes. Set crust aside, and lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and stir in the sausage. Cook and stir until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Place the sausage on a towel lined plate and discard any excess grease from the pan. Add the mushrooms and butter to the skillet, and cook and stir until the mushrooms are a light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Spread sausage and mushrooms evenly over the bottom of pie crusts.
- Combine the cream, eggs, flour, butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour into the pastry crust, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly cover the sausage mixture. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until light and puffy, about 35 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing.