These are always well received at any function where brunch is served! This dish does need to be prepared the night before.
- 1 lb. cooked ham, chopped
- 3/4 c. sliced green onions
- 3/4 c. chopped green bell peppers
- 3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 c. half-and-half cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Place ham in food processor, and pulse until finely ground. Mix together ham, green onions, and green peppers. Spoon 1/3 c. of the ham mixture and 3 TBS shredded cheese onto each tortilla, then roll up. Carefully place filled tortillas, seam side down, in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, cream, and milk, flour, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Pour egg mixture over tortillas. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1 c. shredded cheese. Bake about 3 minutes more, or until cheese melts. Let stand a least 10 minutes before serving.