Because I love almost anything made with pumpkin puree and who doesn't love chocolate?!
- 1 stick of butter, softened (8 TBS)
- 1 1/4 c eggs
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 c canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 c miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 8 inch square baking pan; line with parchment paper
- Whisk together butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add to butter mixture. Add half flour, then milk, then remaining flour, stirring until just incorporated. Do not over mix! Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, making sure to scrape sides for all batter. Bake for 55 -60 minutes until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto the rack. Immediately turn right side up onto another rack to cool completely. Cut into 9 squares and serve.