- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrots
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix shortening, sugar, eggs, and carrots.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in coconut.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until no imprint remains when touched lightly. Immediately remove baking sheet. Let cool.
- Use the orange frosting to finish these yummy cookies!