Friday, April 10, 2009

Cocktel de Camaron

I have no idea if that's really the name, or if it's something someone made up. All I know is, I had something just like this many years ago when I was in Cancun. So I was thrilled to come across this recipe that tastes just like it!!! I know the ingredients sound odd, but I promise, it's delicious!

Ingredients
  • 8 oz. cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
  • 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 c. orange-flavored carbonated beverage
  • 3/4 c. ketchup
  • 1 (4 oz.) packet saltine crackers

Directions

  1. Chop the shrimp into smaller pieces and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the avocado and cilantro. In a separate bowl, stir together the orange soda and ketchup until the foaming stops. Pour over the shrimp mixture and toss to coat. It should be soupy. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to blend the flavors before serving with saltine crackers.

No comments: