- 2 lbs. confectioners sugar
- 1/4 lb. butter, softened
- 1 (8) oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. creamy peanut butter
- 1 lb. flaked coconut
- 4 c. chocolate chips
- 2 TBS shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract. Divide the batter in half and place each half of the batter in a bowl on its own. Stir the peanut butter into one of the bowls and coconut into the second.
- Using your hands, mold the dough into egg-shaped balls and arrange the forms on cookie sheets. Place the eggs in the freezer until frozen.
- Once the eggs have frozen, melt the chocolate and shortening in the top of a double boiler. Dip the eggs into the chocolate until coated. Place the eggs on wax paper lined cookie sheets and return to the freezer to harden. After the chocolate has hardened the eggs can be kept in the refrigerator.
**you can dip the eggs in sprinkles and such after you dip them in the chocolate to decorate them.