- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/3 c. masa harina
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 c. cornmeal
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 2 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the Mexican corn flour and water and beat until well mixed.
- Using a food processor, process thawed corn, but leave chunky. Stir into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. Add to corn flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan**. Smooth batter and cover with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven F oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop for easy removal from pan.
**This is to keep it from burning. I use a Pampered Chef 8x8 stone to bake this, and it comes out perfect if I don't pull it out to soon.