- 3 lbs. chicken breast, halved
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- 2 TBS dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 c white wine or chicken broth
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 c cold water
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms. Pour wine over all. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually add cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick. Serve with chicken.