Because sometimes we just need a quick meal!
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 20 oz. boneless beef sirloin steak
- 2 medium green bell peppers, julienned
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 c cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water ans soy sauce; set aside.
- Cut the steak thinly across the grain, then cut slices in half; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, stir-fry green peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 4 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Add meat; stir-fry for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add tomatoes and green pepper mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve over rice.